SOUTHWESTERN MICHIGAN HOME BUILDERS ASSOCIATION
107 W FERRY STREET
BERRIEN SPRINGS MI 49103
Fax: (269) 473-3643
The Southwestern Michigan Home Builders Association Inc. chartered in 1979, exists for the betterment of the building and remodeling industry in our service area. We achieve this through providing educational programs, acting as government liaison, encouraging licensing as required, and promoting high ethical standards.
CODE OF ETHICS
The Active Members of SWMHBA shall subscribe to the following Code of Ethics:
As members in good standing of Southwestern Michigan Home Builders Association we believe and affirm the responsibilities and obligations inherent in providing housing and its infrastructure.
- Home Ownership should be within reach of every American Family.
- Homes should be well designed, well constructed, and meet or exceed current construction standards
- To provide the best value possible.
- Honesty is our guiding business policy
- We will work toward establishing a balance between legitimate environmental concerns and need to develop and construct new housing
- Include the conservation of land and energy through consideration of natural environment as an intrinsic element in housing design.
- To provide quality materials and construction practices backed by integrity and service.
- To meet all financial obligations in a timely manner.
- Homes shall Be built under the American Free enterprise system
- To comply with the rules and regulations prescribed by law and government agencies.
- We will strive consistently to manage our dealings with employees, subcontractors and suppliers with fairness.
- To keep informed regarding laws, regulations, proposed legislation, codes, public policies and other essential information which affect our business interest and those of the building industry as a whole.
We assume these responsibilities freely and solemnly, mindful that they are part of our obligations as members of the SWMHBA.